One of our most popular posts was ‘How to create Twitter lists’ as it is a social media tip that saves time and helps organise contacts on Twitter. However, once you have created a list, you may want to add people and quickly. There are a number of ways to do this but I will focus on adding people while you are using Twitter.com for this post.
- The Tip: Adding people to your Twitter list
- Skill Level: Beginners
- Time Taken: Less than 2 minute per person
Note: To do this, we assume two things. Firstly, that you already have a Twitter account and secondly that you have created a list already. Learn how to create a Twitter list here https://theworstkeptsecret.com/2013/03/twitter-lists-how-to-guide/
What to do:
- Login to Twitter
- Identify someone you would want to add to a list. You can do this by typing their name in the search bar or if they appear in your news feed
- Go to their Twitter profile by clicking on their name
- Click on the ’ head’ icon next to the ‘follow’ button, under their profile picture
- Select ‘Add or remove from lists….’
- A number of lists that you have created will appear
- Select the list/s that you would want this profile to appear on and the profile will be added (A profile can appear on more than 1 list).
- To make sure they have been added, go to your user ‘Home’ page, click on ‘Me’ and then lists (Which appears in the top left of the page). Select the list you added the profile to and you will see them in the news feed
Follow these simple steps in our slideshare presentation below.
What is great about adding people to your lists is that you do not have to be following them to do it. There will be some people you want to know what they are doing (Like News sites, competitors) but do not want to follow them, therefore lists can become very handy.
This is one way to add people while on twitter.com. You can add people to lists from different platforms including mobile but each have slightly different ways to do it. Creating lists on Twitter is a great way to organise your contacts, so knowing how to add people quickly can enhance your social media output.
by: Andrew Davis
Fatal error: Call to undefined function zemanta_related_posts() in /home/thinkin5/public_html/theworstkeptsecret.com/wp-content/themes/Alpha_1-5/single.php on line 82